1963 - 1982 New Cast HD Offset Trailing Arms Pair / Product Number: RS198
1963 - 1982 New Cast HD Offset Trailing Arms Pair
T-arms are offset 2 inches but it doesn't not move the bearing assembly. You retain your factory strut bars and half shafts. By running an offset trailing arm, it will allow you to run a wider tire on a stock rim or run a wider aftermarket rim with more backspacing (18" wheels are needed to clear the leaf spring). All arms are now cast and setup for a spherical bearing for reduced deflection and binding in the control arm pivot to increase handling and ride quality. You'll need to check for proper spring and sway bar clearance for wider than factory wheels. New to 2022 is our spherical bearing, cast trailing arm. The spherical bearing allows for increased handling and better ride quality. The bearing is Teflon lined for long life, but is retained by a c-clip for ease of replacement if need be.
- Updated design in 2022
- Increases wheel backspace clearance over stock T-arms
- Bolts in similar to factory trailing arms
- No chassis modifications needed
- Can use OE bearing assembly, strut rods, half shafts, spring
- DOES NOT change the placement of the bearing assembly
- Replaceable heim bearing at pivot point
- Durable black powder coating finish
- Depending on wheel size, you may need a shortened spring and narrowed sway bar (ASB-R-347-OSK)
- Not upgradeable to coil overs
- Sold In Pairs Only!
- Replaceable Front Bearing Assembly
- See Pictures of Front Replaceable Bearing and Cone inserts in Front of Trailing Arms
Contains the Following Parts:
- Right Hand New Cast Offset Trailing Arm
- Left Hand New Cast Offset Trailing Arm
- 2 Parking Brake Cable Guides installed in Arms.
- 2 Installed Rear Spring Cushion Cups in Arms
- 8 Rear Support Mounting Bolts, Lock Washer and Nuts.
Note: Due to Oversize / Overweight Dimension. Carriers require an additional charge to ship this item. Additional Carriers Shipping Charge on this Item $30.00 Per Unit
Complete Set of HD Offset Trailing Arm Pair $759.99 + Extra Carriers Charge + $30.00 = $789.99 per set
For 15x9 " wheels a .5" shortened spring is recommended, for 15x10" wheels a 1" shortened spring is required. For 17" wheels wider than 9" you typically need a half inch shortened or can use a 1" shortened spring for max clearance. 18x10 wheels may need a 1/2" shorten spring, but typically fit at ride height but may touch the tire when the vehicle is in droop.
- Effective 03/2010 If you are using The Spindle People offset trailing arms for any other use besides the intended design for a steel leaf spring or composite spring, this WILL void any warranty.